Publix is HANDS DOWN the most coupon friendly store in the area. The employees are always great, and the stores are always very clean and well stocked. Here are some things you should know before shopping at Publix:
1. Publix always has alot of buy 1, get 1 free items each week. You can use a coupon on each item. For example, Motts Juice is on sale for Buy 1 get 1 free this week. They would ring up for $1.30 each. If you have 2 of the $1/1 coupons from a recent Sunday paper insert you can use them to get the juice for $.30 each.
2. Publix doubles ALL coupons up to and including 50Â¢ in most locations. Publix in Florida does not double, however(sorry).
3. Publix takes competitor’s coupons. Examples of some I have used are $5 off any bone in ham from Honeybaked ham store, Food Lion printable coupons (we don’t have Food Lion here, but they are Publix competitors in Florida), Target printable and mailer coupons, Food World 10% off your entire order.
4. Publix FREQUENTLY puts out flyers with coupons in them. Most are Publix coupons you can use with manufacturer’s coupons.Â See Current Publix Advantage Buy Deals.
5. Publix will allow you to use a store coupon and a manufacturer’s coupon on 1 item. For example, In one of the Publix flyers there is a coupon for $2.50 off any Cover Girl Item. It is a Publix coupon with an LU# on it that states “can only be redeemed at Publix” You can use that in conjunction with a $1/1 manufacturer’s coupon from the Sunday paper to get $3.50 off. Makes for some free nail polish!
6. If you use a competitor’s coupon at Publix it is considered a store coupon so you can also use a manufacturer’s coupon with it. For example, If you use the Target Printable $1/1 any tyson frozen chicken coupon, you can also use a manufacturer’s coupon for $1/1 to take a total of $2 off of a bag of chicken nuggets, etc.
7. On Publix.com there are several publications you can sign up for. They will send you some GREAT coupons in the mail. Make sure you sign up for the baby club & Preschool Pals too, they send GREAT coupons for signing up & periodically throughout the year.