I just love when peaches are in season! There is not much better than a delicious fresh peach to snack on. I usually make peach cobbler with canned peaches, but this is a great way to use up some of that peach harvest. Here’s how you do it.
First you want to peel your peaches. Here’s a trick to make it easier. You can remove outer skin of peaches by dropping in a pan of boiling water for 1 minute, and then transferring to a bowl of ice water until peach is cool. The skin peels off much easier.
Next you want to put sugar, water, and peach slices on the stove to simmer.
Add Cinnamon, lemon juice and vanilla. Set off burner. Next mix flour, baking powder, rest of sugar and salt. Add milk and mix everything together. Melt the butter in bottom of a baking dish.
Add in flour mixture, peach mixture, butter, and the batter and peaches. The batter will rise above the peaches while baking.
- • 1¼ cup All-Purpose Flour
- • 1 tbsp. Baking Powder
- • 2 cups Sugar (divided)
- • ¼ tsp. Salt
- • 1 cup Almond Milk
- • 6 Peaches
- • 1 cup Sugar
- • ½ cup Water
- • 1½ tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- • 1 stick Unsalted Butter
- • 1 tbsp. Fresh Lemon Juice
- • 1 tsp. Vanilla Flavoring
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- You can remove outer skin of peaches by dropping in a pan of boiling water for 1 minute, and then transferring to a bowl of ice water until peach is cool. The skin peels off much easier. Remove seed pit and slice peaches.
- Put 1 cup of sugar, ½ cup of water, and all peach slices into stovetop pan and bring to boil. Stir occasionally. Simmer for approximately 10 minutes. Add fresh squeezed lemon juice, vanilla, and cinnamon. Set off burner.
- Mix 1¼ cup all-purpose flour, 1 tbsp. baking powder, 1 cup sugar, and ¼ tsp. salt. Add 1 cup almond milk and mix everything together.
- Melt butter and put in bottom of baking dish. Add flour mixture. Then add peach mixture, butter, batter and peaches. The batter will rise above the peaches while baking.
- If you use 13 x 9 baking dish, bake 40-45 minutes. If you use individual serving size bakeware, bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes. Serve with vanilla ice cream if desired.