I am so in love with this super cute and fun craft! My kids love playing with playdough! This is a great way to customize gingerbread men over and over again. If you are making homemade gifts this would be so cute paired with some gingerbread man cookie cutters and a red gingham checked towel. Also check out the DIY Christmas playdough if you want to add more festive colors.
Here’s how to make your own Gingerbread Man Playdough:
First you will combine all ingredients into a large bowl and mix well:
Next, pour into a large pot. Add food coloring at this point if desired for a darker color. Cook for 3-4 minutes over medium heat. Stir constantly with a spatula.
After 1 minute your mixture should start to clump lightly then turn into a ball of playdough.
Set playdough on counter or plate to cool. Once cooled it’s ready to use.
Use gingerbread cookie cutters to shape into gingerbread men. So cute!!
- 1 cup of all purpose flour
- 1 cup of water
- ¼ cup of salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons cream of tartar
- 2 tablespoon ginger
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- Brown food coloring (optional)
- Medium sized pot
- Mixing bowl
- Combine all of your ingredients in a large bowl and mix well
- Pour your mixture into a large pot
- Turn your burner on medium heat, cook for 3-4 minutes, while stirring constantly with a spatula, while you stir make sure to scrape the bottom of the pan so that the playdough doesn't burn
- After 1 minute your mixture should start to clump lightly, a little more, then turn into a ball of playdough
- Set the playdough on the counter or a plate to cool
- After your playdough cools, it's ready to use
- *store In an airtight container or airtight ziplock baggies and it will last for around 6 months