This post may contain an affiliate link. Read my disclosure policy here.
|Cabbage Soup Recipe
Recipe Type: Entree
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 30 mins
My family loves cabbage in many different recipes like cole slaw, stir-fry, boiled cabbage, and others. This week I’m going to share one of our favorite meals. I call it Cabbage soup, but it’s really more like a stew. You can add more liquid to make it more soupy. This meal is so easy, but so yummy!
- Cabbage(1 head)
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1 can Tomato Soup + 1 Can of Water
- can substitute 1 can of tomato paste & 2 cans water)
- 1 Can Whole Kernel Corn
- Onion, sliced
- 1 Can Tomatoes
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- First you slice up the onion and put it in a big stock pot.
- Throw in the ground beef & let the ground beef & onion cook together.
- While that’s cooking you can chop up the cabbage.
- Wash the cabbage in a colander.
- When the ground beef is done drain the fat, and throw the Cabbage on top.
- The next part is super easy.
- Just put all the remaining ingredients in the pot one at a time and stir it up.
- Let it cook on medium heat, stirring regularly, until the cabbage is done.
Notes: The cabbage will make more liquid so keep that in mind before adding water. Also, this recipe is so versatile that you can change it up & add whatever you’d like. Things I’ve added have included Green Beans, Potatoes, Carrots, Celery, Mushrooms, Pasta, and more.
I’ve also shared this recipe on It’s a Blog Party , Life As Mom, and Good Cheap Eats.