This post may contain an affiliate link. Read my disclosure policy here.
11 2nd, 2012 |
Recipe Type: Main
This is one of my family’s favorite recipe! I try to make it whenever Doritos are on sale because it is to good with them mixed in. I usually make my own Catalina, but Kraft is BOGO at Publix right now so I’ll be grabbing some. The Catalina is what makes this taco salad so delicious.
- Lettuce Chopped (1/2 head or 1/2 bag)
- Diced Tomatoes(1 fresh or 1 can)
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Taco Seasoning or Taco Packet
- 1 Cup Catalina Dressing
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1 Can or 2 Cups Cooked Beans(Can use Black beans, kidney beans, chili, pinto, etc.)
- 1/2 onion chopped(optional)
- Cook Ground Beef with onion
- Mix in Beans and Taco Seasoning until warm
- Spread Lettuce over casserole dish
- Layer Meat Mixture on top of Lettuce
- Drain Tomatoes and spread across meat
- Spread Cheese Across top
- Spread Catalina across cheese
- Serve over crushed Doritos or Tortilla Chips
You can also do this buffet style. Just set each item out separately and let everyone fix their own.