Peppermint Bath Bomb
Refreshing and energizing, these peppermint bath bombs can make your next bath a little more like a spa experience and a little less like the hiding from the kids while trying to grab 15 minutes to yourself that it probably really is. They also make a fantastic foot soak for your tired and sore feet. Peppermint bath bombs make a wonderful gift for teachers, family, or friends- the gift of luxury made by your own hands. Looking for a thoughtful handmade Christmas gift? Easy, inexpensive, and even the kids can help put these together- put a half dozen or so in a pretty jar for a sweet gift, don’t forget a handmade tag identifying the scent.
- ½ cup Epsom Salt
- 1 cup Baking Soda
- ½ cup Cornstarch
- ½ cup Cream of Tartar
- 1 Tbsp. Witch Hazel
- 1 Tbsp.Coconut oil
- Peppermint Essential oil- to desired strength
- Red coloring
- Combine epsom salt,baking soda, cornstarch and cream of tartar in a small dish until combined.
- Stir in witch hazel, coconut oil, and peppermint essential oil- to desired strength, stir until mixed.
- Separate about half of your mixture and add food coloring to your desired shade.
- Press mixture into molds firmly- you can use a silicone mold, muffin tin, plastic candy molds, or even paper cups to create your desired shape. I really like the big square silicone ice cube molds. Alternate white and red mixture in layers to create a peppermint look.
- Allow mixture to dry 4-5 hours before removing from mold.
- Carefully take out of mold and set out, allow to continue air drying overnight before placing in an airtight container.